Newly organized members pay $0 initiation fee, and you never pay ANY dues until you vote to ratify your first contract. That way you can see the results of negotiations with your employer before paying dues to Local 251. We are a 501(c)(5) not-for-profit, so all money collected must go to:
- Negotiating strong contracts
- Enforcing your contractual rights
- Helping non-unionized workers join Local 251
- Communicating with our members.
- Training members and Local leadership to better represent you!
Dues money is NEVER spent on politics or to support/oppose candidates for office; doing so is a violation of federal law.
We set our own Local's dues annually, right here in Albuquerque. Our dues are only $38 per month.